The main tasks of the Department are:
1. Monitoring of assortment and prices for medicines included in the list of Vital and Essential Medicines (VEM).
2. Supervision over the activities in implementation of the Priority national project in the sphere of healthcare, within the competence of Roszdravnadzor.
3. Supervision over implementation of regional programs for modernization of the healthcare of the subjects of the Russian Federation within the competence of Roszdravnadzor.
4. Monitoring and supervision over completeness and quality of implementation of the delegated powers by authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation in providing of State social assistance as a set of social services for patients with malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissues, haemophilia, cystic fibrosis, pituitary dwarfism, Gaucher's disease, multiple sclerosis, and also after transplantation of organs and tissues within the competence of Roszdravnadzor.
5. Monitoring, analysis and reporting within the competence of the Department.