In accordance with the Regulation on the Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare approved by the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 30.06.2004 № 323 Roszdravnadzor executes its powers to monitor the quality and safety of medical practice by means of inspections of the following:
- adherence of government bodies, self-government bodies, state non-budgetary funds, medical and pharmaceutical institutions, as well as individual entrepreneurs engaged into medical and pharmaceutical practice to the observance of citizens’ rights to healthcare;
- Compliance with procedure of administration and standards of Healthcare by medical institutions and individual medical practitioners;
- Compliance with procedure for medical experts reviews, medical examinations, and medical certifications by medical institutions and individual medical practitioners;
- Compliance with the requirements on safe application and use of medical devices and their disposal by medical institutions and individual medical practitioners;
- Compliance with the restrictions applicable to medical workers, heads of institutions, pharmaceutical workers and heads of pharmaceutical institutions in course of their professional practice according to the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- federal executive bodies, executive bodies of constituent entities of the Russian Federation and bodies, institutions of state, municipal or private Healthcare systems for organization and carrying out of institutional control and internal monitoring of quality and safety of medical practice.